View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Section 409
FANATIC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
I don't know what his value would be around the league. I'm simply saying that we should explore the possibility. It's painfully obvious that this team lacks high-end talent. We're not going to directly get high-end talent for Anisimov, that's obvious. But, if we were able to get an attractive package of picks and/or high-upside prospects, we may be able to fill an organizational need.

I don't know why people crap their pants every time a trade is brought up. I'm not proposing to trade him for peanuts. I would only make a trade if the return is nice. Anisimov is pretty much a known quantity. When he fully develops, he's pretty much guaranteed to be a very solid 2nd line center. He's young and cheap. I would imagine a bunch of teams would be willing to part with picks and prospects that, while they may have the potential to become and elite player, are no guarantee.

I personally feel that we are at a point in this youth movement where we have a glut of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th liners, but not many prospects with elite level projections. I'm simply suggesting that we deal from a position of organizational strength to address an organizational weakness. If we can get a couple more shots via the draft at some serious high-upside, boom-or-bust prospects, one of them is bound to become the top line talent we need.
So trade Anisimov for a shot in the dark pick?

Or are you expecting a top five pick in return?

Either way, Anisimov is developing well, to trade for something that is a gamble in picks is just... I can't even find the words.

And if it's prospects, which ones? How high end?

Section 409 is offline   Reply With Quote