View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Slowbro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Honestly, I'm glad we got JVR and not Kane, always have been. I was a little concerned for a little while but I wanted just to be patient with him. I know if other teams fans come here they will all laugh at me chosing JVR over Kane but JVR is developing ALL aspects of his game and he's just getting started. Kane was set for instant NHL success (or at least more so than JVR) much like Richards and Giroux from the Flyers. Players like that reach their max potential within just a few years. Players like Carter and JVR take longer to develope but usually end up better in the long run.

I love Giroux but I think JVR is going to be the better and more valuable player. Giroux makes some amazing plays but he also seems to force plays and that leads to him making many mistakes (like turnovers in his own zone or plays that lead to odd man rushes). JVR tends to make the safer play, it makes him look less "spectacular" but he makes the wiser choice right now. I like Kane but I'd still take Giroux over Kane and if I'd take JVR over Giroux, what do you think I would say over the JVR/Kane debate.
i think carter peaked back in 2008-2009 to be honest with you lol

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote