View Single Post
Old
08-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Exactly. Kings could have signed someone like Lindros or Marty Lapointe, at least if they dont score they contribute physically.
Lapointe signed a 3 year deal worth more than 7M, no way he would have signed a 1 year deal worth 1.5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I'm furious, now Cammy, Brown, TK, and Flinn are pretty much all out of the picture unless Klatt retires.
This is an enigma for me too. At the Press Conference, DT also said they expected Cammy to play a major role with the new rules. If he knew what he was saying, this signing doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

About Lehoux...last January when Yanick went down with the knee injury Gilmore was really pissed. I remember I read an interview with him on the Union Leader and he was saying "that Yanick was going to loose the whole season, and if the NHL would have started it would have been a bad thing for the Kings too, because Lehoux was going to get a chance." Which means the Kings had plans to bring him up if the NHL would have started last winter.

Just a quick memo:
  • Cammalleri - signed...then we get Valeria Bure
  • Lehoux - still unsigned
  • Frolov - still unsigned, likely to spend the season in Russia
I'm really impressed by the way our franchise takes care of our young talented players...