Thread: Tidbits: Bouchard Snubbed...
View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 500
When I heard this news about 90 minutes ago the NHL just lost me as a fan. I'm disgusted by what transpired with the Masterson, and the way the NHL has dealt with concussions and the ensuing fallout regarding them. Too many acts of hypocrisy and double standards for me to go into here. I've been a hockey fan for over 30 years. This was the last straw. That is is the beauty of living in Minnesota though. While the Wild get the majority of the press here, it is NOT the only game on ice in town. Go Huskies!!! Go Bengals!!! If you receive a paycheck for playing puck: Play hard and play clean. If you don't it don't matter to me, cuz I'm not watching.

PS- Upon a couple hours of cool down, playing some Dead Space2, and Irish meditation(Jameson and Guinness) I realize I may have been a bit hasty with the completely walking away from hockey statement. As I still do enjoy talking about/watching the best in the world play what is still the greatest sport in the world. But I'm not deleting my statement, as I did say it. And like in the real world you can't just erase something you said out of anger. Still PO'ed about the PMB snub, but it is what it is.

Last edited by Marlowe Syn: 04-26-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote