View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 08:25 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I understand. It would be possible to NOT re-sign Fedotenko and to move Christensen and just replace them with Avery(~1.9 million) as the spare forward.

Also, I REALLY don't think Ehrhoff or Bieksa will be getting paid top dollar by anyone. Both are good 2nd pairing defensmen and should be paid accordingly. 3.5-4.5 million would be the range I would be comfortable with.
I'm really not comfortable paying either of those players more than 3.5 million per season. The concern is predicated on the fact that I am just not sure how effective they will be offensively away from the powerhouse offense of the Canucks.

I do like Ehrhoff a lot, though, and I would love him at 3.5 per year. Bieksa...eh, I'm not a huge fan. I know he had a good year this year, but he's got an injury history and a history of inconsistency.

IF we're going to go after a free agent defenseman (and that's a big if), here are the realistic targets we should be considering:

Kaberle (unlikely, he'll probably stay in Boston)
Brewer
Pitkanen
Ehrhoff
I. White
Babchuk (probably will stay in CGY)

I'd also look into picking up Ericsson if he's available. He's worth taking a flier on. Could be a great pickup.

As far as forwards go, it's really Richards and nothing else.

I doubt he'll leave Nashville (if he doesn't retire altogether) but I'd love a cheap one-year deal for Steve Sullivan. He'll probably miss 20-30 games with injuries, but maybe he can regain his scoring touch for one last time.

Fleischmann is probably going to get overpaid, hopefully not by us. I'm sure that if we don't get Richards, Connolly will be on our radar. I'm not a big fan, personally.

If we don't get Richards, he are are a few guys I wouldn't mind looking at: Brunette, Jussi Jokinen, Ryan Shannon, Scottie Upshall, Jeff Halpern, Mike Rupp

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote