View Single Post
Old
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
I had to really take a step back after last night.

I went to my only playoff game this year and I think, all things considered, I probably picked the best one to attend. Staples Center was in a frenzy after the game was tied up, I'm not sure I've heard it that loud since Adam Deadmarsh eliminated the Red Wings. I'm really getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

I sat in my seat for about 15 after the game ended. The usher told me to leave.

I wasn't going to go to any playoff games this year. Last year I remember it felt like someone had punched me in the stomach when I had to watch the handshake from my seats right on the glass. I vowed that I was only going to spend money on entertainment that had no hopes of bumming me out (concerts, vacations, etc).

But then the Kings went and won game 5 and I said to myself that the Kings had earned this game and I was going to go and support the team. I didn't really have the highest expectations but I wanted to just be there either way.

The feeling in the building for the overtime intermission wasn't all the negativity I've heard around here about the missed pp opportunity, but from what I could tell was a belief that the Kings were about to do something pretty special.

Then Thornton cleaned up the garbage on a broken play.

I sat in a haze until the usher in the red jacket told me to leave.

Ughh.... depressing. I've been doing this for 25 years.

All this aside I do NOT share the opinion that we are fundamentally flawed in terms of our management, coaching, or goaltending. I really think, ESPECIALLY after last night, that we are only a puzzle piece or two away from putting this thing together.

Sorry for the rant. Had to get this off my chest and I thank the lot of you for being around as a great support/therapy group for me over the last month or so.

Go Kings!

Last edited by The Butcher: 04-26-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: because i suck at editing
The Butcher is online now   Reply With Quote