Old
04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Jerk Store*
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
See what I did there?

First of all, there were only 29 players with 30+ goals in the entire league this year; not even an average of one for every team. I mean, seriously. Grabner led a 73 point team with those 34 goals... outscoring 1st overall draft pick John Tavares, no less. Skinner was only 2 goals back of Eric Staal, who some here would probably give their left nut to sign with Montreal.

I'm lovin' me my PK Subban like everyone else, but guaging minutes played due to necessity from injuries versus an accomplishment that some teams didn't even get from a single player, veteran OR rookie? As for Couture, who DIDN'T play on a bad team, he still out-scored Heatley, Clowe, Thornton, Pavelski, etc in his rookie year while playing on the same team. I don't care if he had the rookie status borderline 25 games under his belt from last year, that's still pretty impressive for a 20 year old (who just turned 21 three weeks ago).

Like I said earlier, stiff year for competition, and doesn't make PK, or his projection for the future, any worse for it.
Well said

Jerk Store* is offline   Reply With Quote