View Single Post
Old
08-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn
For those of you saying he's a floater...he actually tried to play defense last season in FL. More than you could ever say for Pavel...he never played defense and just sat around the red line all game (he truly was a floater). One of the positives for FL last season was Bure on the PP and playing on the 2nd line. I'll be the first to say that he has injury concerns which made him not worth the first 2 yrs of his contract in FL. If he can stay healthy and not paid too high, he could be a decent signing and not as bad as some of you think.
Thanks for your post. I would rather see a top 3 power forward here, but none are available through free agency.

Valerie Bure may have been the best forward left out there, especially ones under 35 years of age. Its scary to know that his 52 points would have led the Kings!
Robitaille led the Kings with 51 points. Palffy would have trumped that by a ton, but he missed so much of the season.

Perhaps the Kings are in a position to make a trade for a power forward, as teams get into cap trouble in the coming weeks. Its also been mentioned that the Kings are putting themselves in a good position for free agency next year. I just hope all the potential free agents for next year don't start signing longterm contracts!
(as Thornton just did)