View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 04:51 AM
dookie88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm MacDonald View Post
I always got the impression that Leighton is not well liked by his teammates. Whenever teammates mention to him, I always pick up some passive aggression.

- Some players (I forget who) referring to him as "Michael Leighton" in interviews.
- Hartnell commenting on how bad he was with Carolina
- Richards saying they "trust" Leighton instead of directly saying that he's played well.

Maybe I'm just neurotic though.
I think so.

From all I heard Leighton's been extremely well liked not only by the coaching and managing staff but especially by the players.
"Extremely well liked" is a quote from our captain from the day Leighton got send down to the minors.
Last year, the Flyers played their best hockey in front of Leighton.
It's no secret Laviolette has a special relationship with Leighton going back to their AHL-championship.

I'm actually a little bit concerned because of this statement, it's one thing to be sour and angry about yourself because of a poor performance, everybody, especially athletes, go through those moments. It's a completely different kind of animal if he stays away from practice and isn't reacheable. I personally hope he's going to be fine, and for everyone making fun of him that they're one of the worlds 50 best in what they do, it's seems to be pretty easy, according to your comments.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote