View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 10:23 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Jr#9...

I think you summed up the Crap-Jagr situation nicely and how it affects us..Although everything was lovey dovey the first few games, this crap was inevitable given the Jagr-Cassidy relationship, Jagr's pathetic attitude, the botched trade this summer, and the fact that Washington doesn't want Jagr and jagr doesn't want Washington...

I watch alot of their games and half the time he's the unbelivable Jagr and the other Half he doesn't give a **** and is totally worthless...WHich makes him a PERFECT RANGER to play with guys like Lindros, Holik, Mironov, Maladog and others....Couldn't resist........That won't be the reason the Rangers are a possible destination for Jagr, but the money, the chaos and incompetnece in NY, and the possibility of swapping high paid trash (i.e. Lindros, Maladog) might make it a very slim possibility..And strange deals happen in the NHL....

Do I want him in NY? Not with that contract...No way no how...If he had one year left, I'd easily take him over some of the players that are here...Actually, it would just probably be more of the same old same old (failure), but we couldn't do worse...

I just rather have Sather focusing on infusing this team with young talent (from inside or outside the org) then considering a guy like Jagr for even one nano-second... But that's not how Sather works..