Old
04-27-2011, 09:59 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im not signing a 37 year old 46 point player...not when i could use that spot for a kid.

if im the Rangers, its Richards or bust in the UFA market for forwards, and then i ALSO look to make a trade for a legit 70+ point winger to play with those 2. you can split up gabby, richards, and that other player, put each of em on their own line, and run 3 lines for 18 mins a game with the 4th line being strictly a PK energy type line that gets 4-6 mins, or you can load up with those 3 players, play em 24 mins, and let them carry you. All the great teams have 3 elite forwards. We have 1. Get me Richards, and then get me someone else.
Trading for a 70 point winger? Okay that's pointless. Who are you trading on the Rangers that other teams would want? Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Girardi, first rd pick? No one wants Grachev or Del Zotto for a 70 pt winger. You're delusional.

None of the kids coming in the organization are top line talent and will never be. The team has NO 70 pt player in the pipeline. You also seem intent on rushing a kid like Kreider who will be better served learning how to play in the NHL first like Stepan did, playing 10 minutes a night without the pressure.

Signing Brunette or Prospal gives the Rangers a year stop gap to develop the kids further or buy time until FA offers that type of player.

Salary cap as well, the longer the team takes to compete the more money these young guys start to make. Then the tough choices come into play. It's so easy to say, get me Richards, get me Gaborik, and get me a Kovalchuk -- yeah well that isn't happening if you want an elite goalie, and a competent defense.

The Rangers better hope they get lucky in the draft for that dream to materialize.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote