View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. We've got 2 excellent young centers in Ani and Steps, who haven't even begun to hit their stride.

Will they be a #1 superstar C? Maybe, maybe not, but I like how they're moving along. Behind defense, Center is the hardest position to learn.

I also disagree with the drafting part. Kreider is imo going to be a speed demon, and I honestly think McI will be a mean shut down puck clearing top 4 defenseman. Something every team needs and we currently lack.

We blew it with Jessiman. But I believe we've been doing a good job in the past few years. If we can fill out a second/third line, and get the bad contracts off the books, I'm ok with filling in our 1st with vets as long as they perform to their contract.

I'm on the fence about Richards, but I'm starting to warm to the idea of him playing here.

First of all, let me just say that I really appreciate a post like this. No need to respond to someone you disagree with by calling the poster "assinine", "clueless", "retarded" etc etc. So thank you for not acting like a 12yo, with all due respect to those of you who actaully ARE 12yo.

Anyway, I really like Ani and Step and I don't want to be negative, but I don't see them becoming top-line centers. Just more hard-working good players, which make up the bulk of our forwrd lines..

Kreider might be a spped demon, but is he going to score? Is he going to have the kind of impact we need.