View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
How can anyone deny the progression that's being made.

This inexperienced team competed with the mighty Capitals without anything like Ovechkin, Semin, Backstrom.

This is why it's a team sport. And games are played on the ice and not on paper.

Any team on any night can win.

The Rangers need more skill, yes, it's been acknowledged by the organization. They have a solid foundation building up here. When the skill arrives, this team will be able to go as far as it wants to.
I don't deny there has been progress recently with respect to icing younger, hard-working players. But in reality, we have actually taken a step BACK since making it to the 2nd round a couple of years.

I'm not interested in winning "on paper" whatever that means, or on a video game for that matter! lol

Yes, any team can win any night, but you have to win 4 to advance in the playoffs as "the mighty capitals" so clearly showed us.

When the skill arrives? lol Are you privy to some information we lack? Please enlighten...and that's really where my question is: Even if we add BR this summer (assuming that happens), how much further along does that get us?

Good arguments though Monkey. I like your optimism. I guess I've gotten a bit skeptical (ya think?! lol) I just can't help but voice my disatisfaction with Sather.

Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 04-27-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: good
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote