View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 01:40 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Of course Drury makes an absurd amount of money. So do all professional athletes for that matter. What difference does that make? I'm sure Jaime would be thrilled if you walked away from a $5 million dollar a year contract because everybody else thinks it's for the good of the company. If anybody here says that they would walk away from that kind of money then they are flat out lying and that's all there is to it so to ask Drury to do the same is hypocritical, that's all I'm saying.
I get that dude...but it has nothing to do with "providing for his family" at this point..He's made enough money to provide for his family for 15 generations. It's probably more about pride at this point with Drury. He may not want to walk away from the game like this, and at this age. And that is understandable. But that doesn't mean Sather should not approach him about it.

And I don't wanna speak for my wife, but if I made the kind of money Drury made, but my better days were behind me, and my performance at "X" company was falling off considerably, and I wanted to walk away with my pride intact, I think she would absolutely understand and support that. Money is important, but it is not everything.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote