View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 02:18 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I always seem to be the one defending Leighton so I might as well chime in. I'm not really defending him here, but he has shown throughout his career (not just in Philly) that he is a true character guy. Never complained about going to the AHL this year. Everyone in ADK said he was a great influence down there and had a great attitude etc. That doesn't excuse not showing up and disappearing, but I would wait until more comes out to start bashing the guy's character.
Yeah, I sure don't like the goalie Michael Leighton, but I have no reason to believe that the person Michael Leighton is anything else than a good guy. He apparently took the demotion to the Phantoms like a class act and was a good presence up there.

It must be terrible to be in his situation right now, I hope can come out of it even though I hope he does it somewhere else than in Philadelphia, but maybe going to Europe would be a good idea for him at this point? He's done the AHL route, do the Huet thing and move to live in a nice little Swiss town while making a ******** of money sounds good enough for me. I don't know his family situation though, maybe they can't move with him.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote