View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 03:27 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Another thing I keep seeing is Smyth to Edmonton. What part of Ryan Smyth's history suggests he wants to go waste a way on a young team that is still rebuilding? I'm not trying to knock the Oilers but Smyth is at the twilight of his career, he might not get another contract after next season, why in the hell would he waive his NTC to go fade off into the sunset in Edmonton? That makes zero sense and on top of that, why in the hell would the Oilers want him? If they wanted him, they could have upped the ante $250k a year when he was traded at the deadline to the Islanders years ago. Yeah sure it sounds cool like when Rob Blake came back to LA to surf and play some hockey on the side but something tells me that Ryan Smyth wants to actually win something before he calls it quits.
Or that the Kings will buy Smyth out. Has there been any indication that it's something the Kings are even thinking about? Especially with Schenn possibly making the team, and those two seemed to have a bit of a bond.