View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
If I add my 2 cents as "the wife"...

Drury has more than enough money in the bank to provide for his family by probably the interest alone.

If things aren't working out and it's his "time to go", I would fully support his decision.
Not only does he have more than enough money in the bank to provide for his family, but the NY Rangers have overpaid him MASSIVELY the last four year. Before next year, he will have collected $30.25m from the Rangers for four seasons that consisted of a mere 62 goals and 89 assists (151 points). He has been paid $487,903 per goal as a New York Rangers.

Yes, Sather offered him the contract and it is his right to be paid under it, but considering how much he has failed to live up to that contract, an argument could certainly be made that the honorable thing to do would be to cut bait, retire/void the contract, and allow the Rangers to improve their team.

Essentially, the $30.25m he's collected from the Rangers in his four years has been a massive overpayment. Given the likelihood that he is going to be bought out, voiding the contract/retiring, and not bleeding them for the final $5m he is owed would be quite honorable.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote