View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I kind of agree, but (i) he won't play for free here and next season bonuses goes up against the cap (ii) he have a chronic knee injury that swelled for no reason (and then went down for no reason either basically as far as I understand).

Had Prospal just been old and slow, I would definitely have been in favor of keeping him. But its the cold truth that a big majority of vets with such bad knees as he have is not able to come back. Prospal could be a exception, and then its a great move to keep him. But the odds aren't that good.
I think we're basically in agreement. I don't want Prospal back either if he can't play. Heck, I thought his career was over at the midpoint of this past season.

However, the fact that he was able to come back and produce as much as he did (.79PPG) down the stretch really changed my mind. If our medical staff feels like his knee can withstand the wear and tear of an entire season without significant risk of injury, I see no reason why we shouldn't offer him a one year contract.

He would probably come back on a similar contract as last year, nad maybe even a little cheaper due to injury concerns. Sounds like a deal to me, if he can still play of course.

Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote