View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
As a fellow DD fan, I've got a few questions for you.

1) Why was his production so awful the last 20 games? Linemates, lack of ice time, severe drop off in quality of his play?

2) DD will be an RFA. I'm not really up to speed about the compensation that a player of his salary level would require if he signed with another team. So, the question is: Is it likely that DD will be wearing another team's sweater next season?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
1) Linemates, lack of ice-time, lack of PP time. Down the stretch Gomez started getting his ice-time back and Eller/DD were splitting the rest. I love Ryan White but he's not going to be a huge scorer in the NHL. Benoit Pouliot was terrible down the stretch - and that definitely hurt Desharnais overall. Desharnais didn't play as well, but thats a bit hard with the quality of TOI/linemates. I think he'll be moved to the wing next year though. He's look good with a few shifts on the wing where-as Eller has looked like garbage on the wing and amazing at centre. Unless of course we do the impossible and move Gomez.

2) In my mind? No chance whatsoever. I think Montreal would match anything up to $1.5M and no team will offer more than that since he's still pretty unproven.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote