View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
The CBA expires after the 2011-2012 season, so everything is up in the air.

However, if the CBA stays the same, $68m+ isn't far-fetched for the 2012-2013 salary cap. Assuming the same increase in revenue as his season (the cap will be increasing approximately $3m season), the new U.S. national TV deal would drive the cap up further.

So $3m cap increase from other revenue streams, plus 2.25m from the national TV deal would give you a 2012-2013 salary cap of $67.45.

But again, the new CBA could change all of this.
I definitely read that regardless of what the players want and vote to do, the owners will try to get the salary cap to drop down after next season. If that happens remains to be seen, but I have no desire to hand out any salary over 7 million to anyone not named Brad Richards. He should be our 1 big contract given out, we haven't done so well giving out huge contracts so lets just try and make one happen. I have no problem going after a top tier LW (Gagne, Jokinen, or stop-gap Brunette) or a puck moving d-man (which Torts said he wants) be it Pitkanen or Ehroff, but I don't want anyone who will cost over $5 million a year besides Richards cause then we can only fill one hole (LW or puck moving d-man) besides top line center if we buyout Drury and Wolski.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote