View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Funny when the Isles did it they came back and almost repeated the feat against the Flyers who went on to win their second Cup... The upstart Islanders scared the **** out of all of us as Chico Resche took them from all but dead to the brink of overcoming being down 0-3 TWICE.

Yes, IMO a Hawks win in Game Seven would have taken the luster off last year's Flyers feat... BUT, as it is it only adds to just how hard it is to achieve.

...And every time a team gets in that position, and then again when they get close the Flyers monumental feat is brought up... AND how they were also down three goals to one in that Game Seven is brought up to add some more pizazz to the feat.

I had mixed emotions last night; I wanted the 'Nucks to be knocked off to ease the Flyers road... BUT... I also wanted the Flyers feat to stand alone for a while longer. I found myself rooting the Hawks on through regulation and then found I was hoping for the Canucks to pull it out once OT began and reality set in for me... The Hawks gained my respect in the end, and the Flyers 0-3/0-3 come back stayed intact.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 04-27-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote