View Single Post
Old
04-27-2011, 10:32 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Stats are all well and good but from watching both guys play (obviously I saw Visnovsky a whole lot more than I saw Lidstrom), Lidstroms defensive game is still far superior to Visnovsky's. The fact that Lidstrom was only a handful of points behind Vis and still provided elite defense is why he is a more deserving candidate.

That's just my opinion though. And Visnovsky is one of my favourites and I couldn't care less for Lidstrom. The PHWA got it right.
Well I wasn't impressed with Lidstrom at all this season. So in this case the stats kind of mirror my impression.

Lidstrom is still clearly better defensively. And yeah sure, I'd say he was about 6 points better defensively to cancel out Lubo's point lead. But I don't think he was also good enough to cancel out the difference in scoring on the ice, the difference in total TOI, and their relative impact on their teams special teams.

I'm actually quite fine with Visnovsky not getting nominated. I just wouldn't choose Lidstrom. Maybe Suter, maybe Keith, maybe even Boyle.

Last edited by snarktacular: 04-27-2011 at 10:41 PM.
snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote