Old
04-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
6-0, 187

I mean, how good is this guy... really? Could he put up points? I find it hard to believe he could play a tough style in the NHL at that size.

I would keep Gill until Tinordi is ready. I would keep Gorges. Can this guy play in the top 4?
Niklas Kronwall

6'0, 192 pounds. He hits like a truck... sometimes players just have the technique.

Also, some websites have Emelin at 6'1 222 pounds which is quite a big discrepancy. Not sure who is right.

In regards to defense, the only problem with our team was mobility, but we do have to keep in mind the impact some players had on our team. Gill, no matter how imobile, is vital to this team's chemistry, leadership and the maturation of PK Subban. We don't need another offensive defenseman. We have enough as it is. We need some stay at home types with good footspeed, size and a good outlet pass. The name that comes to mind is Steve Montador.

Markov Wiz
Montrador Subban
Gill Gorges
Spacek/Weber

Although there isnt much size, we can all agree that Wiz, Montador, Subban and Gill are all gritty types who won't get pushed around. This lineup is mobile, and much younger than the core we had this season. Only problem is Spacek, who isn't that bad in a limited role and with the right partner.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote