View Single Post
Old
04-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik

seems like a plenty good top line to me.

Dubinsky can create space for them, adds some size and grit, is good along the boards and in the corners and has plenty good skill to play with them. I would think that after a year, Kreider could step in and play in that role, so Dubi would only have to be a stop gap anyhow. Even as a rookie, playing with that kind of talent should allow Kreider to play on the 1st line and not be in danger of failing expectations and even if he doesn't perform as we'd hope, Dubinsky can always be moved back up. Frankly, I think Dubinsky would perform really well on Richards wing.

I would just focus on acquiring Richards; I don't think we need to outside the system to fill his wings.
I'd be more than ok with that scenario as well..I just wonder if they feel like they have enough talent that can do one on one type play. IMO we have some of the best grinders going but in terms of stickhandling and creativity we don't exactly have that oozing all over.. Voracek has size and that one on one capability as do a few more of the guys i listed. Kreider to me seems more like Booth, Cole, a poor mans Kessel..Do I think Kreider can beat guys one on one of course but he's no dangler or all that creative so hence the thread about a potential lw to a top line. And again I'll state it I wouldn't have a problem what so ever with Kreider coming in and playing left wing to those two..

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote