View Single Post
Old
04-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I can see Dubinsky excelling with Richards centering (then again who wouldn't). With that said I personally don't think of Dubinsky as a first liner so I'd rather have someone a little more talented on the first line. It's weird, but I want first liners on the first line . We certainly wouldn't suffer with Dubinsky there if we didn't have other options though.
I don't disagree, but I also think that a lot of good teams don't keep all their talent on one line anyways, so Dubinsky in that slot is fine. Washington plays Backstrom and Ovie with Knuble. Detroit usually has Datsyuk with Franzen and Holmstrom. Dubinsky reminds me of those players a little bit, all in different ways, but none of them are really top flight first liners (Franzen is pretty close). Crosby plays with Kunitz and Dupuis. I'm just saying, have a guy who can grind along the boards, on the forecheck, in the corners, but has ENOUGH skill to play with the top-line talent can often be a good compliment to a line.

On the other hand, I think Kreider has the potential to be a 1st line talent. Maybe not right away, but even if he wasn't up to snuff off the starting line, it would be hard not to have some success with his skill playing with Richards and Gabby.

If we went the trade route, again, I'd go with Voracek. Young, probably not too costly, and, IMO very comparable to an Eriksson type of player, who Richards is already proven to have good success with.

Ollie Queen is online now   Reply With Quote