Old
04-28-2011, 10:58 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
Dubinsky - Richards - Gaborik

seems like a plenty good top line to me.

Dubinsky can create space for them, adds some size and grit, is good along the boards and in the corners and has plenty good skill to play with them. I would think that after a year, Kreider could step in and play in that role, so Dubi would only have to be a stop gap anyhow. Even as a rookie, playing with that kind of talent should allow Kreider to play on the 1st line and not be in danger of failing expectations and even if he doesn't perform as we'd hope, Dubinsky can always be moved back up. Frankly, I think Dubinsky would perform really well on Richards wing.

I would just focus on acquiring Richards; I don't think we need to outside the system to fill his wings.
I know there's other important offensive players among our forwards, but I can't help but feel like sticking Dubinsky on the top line like that would be like putting all our eggs in one basket. If Dubinsky - AA - Callahan still exhibit good chemistry, I'd rather find another player that can slot into that 1st line LW role, and have more of a balanced Top 6, making us harder to match up against. Was kind of hoping Prospal could play that role but I'm not sure that will work out. Definitely not interested in signing any UFA forwards to long term contracts.... 2 years max but I"m hesitant. Don't want to run into any more cap eating contracts that we end up wanting to move at a later date.

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote