View Single Post
Old
04-29-2011, 01:53 PM
PhoneGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
Yeah, I totally hear what you're saying. I think the high stick happened to Lapierre who was wearing a visor. The stick hit his visor and he sold it pretty well. No chance that he should've felt any pain. The issue is that it should in fact be a penalty. The question is... If Lapierre doesn't react to the high stick, do they call a penalty? Same issue with Kesler. When I watched the replay, I definitely saw the hooking penalty, but I also saw the extent to which Kesler sold it.

The question you have to ask is... If Kesler and Lapierre don't embellish at all, do the ref's call a penalty? The answer is 'I don't know' .Both teams will do anything to win, and I wouldn't blame Nashville players at all for doing the same.

I take more issue when a player does NOT receive a high stick to the head or a hook to the ribs and pretends as if they did.
The ones that get me are the players who flop to the ice and lay there like death just touched them on the shoulder, all the while watching the ref out of the corner of their eye, and then miraculously recovering in time to take the first shift on the ensuing power play... . Especially the ones that result in game misconduct calls.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote