Thread: Islanders Point Blank: Superb Interview With Gord Miller
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2011, 05:10 PM
LAIslanderFan

vCash: 500
You can hear the smugness in his voice from the start of the interview. He clearly doesn't like the Islanders.

He compares the Rangers young core to the Islanders? Who here agrees with that? I'd really like to know. Michael Grabner had a better year then Marian Gaborik for god's sake!
Is Callahan better then Tavares? Dubinsky better then Moulson? I guess he thinks Amac and Hamonic are more or less journeymen. Who agrees with that? Does anyone think he's at all correct in his assement? Is he close in his assement? This should tell you all you want to know about his opinion. He's an outsider looking in. He's read a few blogs and he's trying to sound like an "analyst".

The Islanders need a good puck moving defensemen? Chris Botta had to bring up Mark Striet, then we got one of those "oh yeah" moments.

He mentions the Islanders playoff run in 1993 and forget to mention Pierre Turgeon being knocked out of the series after the dirty Hunter hit? How does he forget that?

It's so obvious to me, when he pauses and stammers a bit, that he's trying to mock the Islanders and he has no intention of being at all objective. Listen closely to the questions and the answers. You should also note the look on Botta's face. Botta is doing everything he can to not laugh in the guys face and insult him. Botta sees right through the guy. This Gord Miller had an agenda before the interview ever began.

This guys an idiot. He was probably accurate about 10% of that interview. To quote an old cliche, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote