Thread: Speculation: 2011 Draft Discussion (June 24-25)
View Single Post
Old
04-29-2011, 05:31 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Haven't read up on guys yet, so no ideas there.

But in general I want speed, speed, and more speed in any forwards picked. Our defensive prospects are pretty mobile (Sbisa, Fowler, Vatanen, Scultz, and formerly Gardiner), but we don't really have the forwards to take advantage of that. And with Selanne and Blake retiring soon, the big club is going to be losing a lot of speed.

Etem and Mcmillan are the only forwards that seem to have skating mentioned as a strength. Palmieri is considered "good," Holland as well. Bonino might be even slower than Parros. So I'd be all for going for the smaller but faster types.
i dont mind if they are "small" per se as long as they play their size or bigger.. DSP is only 6 but apparently is extremely solidly built and hits like a truck.. mcmillan is 5'10 i think or something like that but he plays feisty and is pretty solid in the corners.. whoever we draft, i feel like they need to fit the MO of the hockey club.. which apparently right now is a hard forecheck while being responsible defensively.. we dont really have a speedy skilled team that scores off the rush.. we are a team that grinds it out below the goal line and crashes the net for goals... just my take anyway