04-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Here is a entertaining story:

Chapter 1:
Gaborik played in Minny for several years in a defensive-oriented system... and without a true #1 center. He hits free agency and decides that he wants to find new opportunities. The Rangers come to him and say... we have a more wide open offense that will ensure you were scoring opportunities. They also promise to find him a #1 center as soon as one becomes available. In his first year, Gaborik scores a bounty of goals (with some help from Prospal) as Ranger fans see how talented he really is. Gaborik thinks... "maybe I don't need a true #1 center". The fans love Gaborik, despite not making the playoffs.

Chapter 2:
Due to not making the playoffs, Torts goes back to the drawing board. At the beginning of the 2010-2011 season, the coach decides that our best chance to win (due to the lack of talent on the roster) is to play a more defensive-oriented system. Prospal is nowhere to be found because a knee injury. Gaborik goes on to struggle offensively and thinks... "maybe I do need a #1 center". Fans hate Gaborik, despite making the playoffs.

Chapter 3:
The morning after being ousted from the playoffs, Gaborik wakes up in a sweat thinking: "Am I back in Minnesota?" Defensive hell, no center... oh my!

Chapter 4:
At practice... the day before opening night of the 2011-2012 season, Torts comes to Gaborik and some guy named Richards and tells them that their line will be given more offensive leeway in terms of the system. Gaborik scores 2 goals that night... both assisted by Richards . Gaborik and Richards go on to score points galore and fans rejoice.
Chapter 5:
2 Weeks later, Gaborik hurts his shoulder, and Richards is left to think "**** I think I made a mistake"

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote