View Single Post
Old
04-30-2011, 01:56 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman22 View Post
We need a puck moving defensemen like we need another rookie forward... We have three already, Donovan in the system and we may be dumb enough to pick Murphy.

We need some def that scares people! From the stay at home D side: Mot, Eaton and Jurcina are not the answer. Is it me or was I the only one who could see how soft & slow Mot and Eaton were last year. They totally collapse in pressure also. Not impressed at all, look at our record with these loafs on D. We went 19 games without a win with them on D.
1st bolded: The problem isn't puck movement; the problem is that they often get manhandled off of the puck during boardplay against other teams that employ stronger forwards. I'd rather see guys like Wishart hit their stride so regardless whether or not he initiates contact, his size (and hopefully "proportional" strength) helps him win battles at the boards. We need puck movers, but not small, weak ones.

2nd bolded: As bad as the team was when Eaton was healthy, and as much as +/- is a dicey stat, Eaton's "-2" is an surprisingly near-even stat considering he only played 34 games, and was only around for the 2nd half surge until January.

Mottau is another story....I think he's fringe; I'd have no qualms if he spent next year as a top-4 in Bridgeport. We need the room for a better player.

CanseiDeSerBreakcore is offline   Reply With Quote