View Single Post
04-30-2011, 02:56 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Neester View Post
Hey guys,

Canucks fan flying out to see games 3 and 4. Obviously my first priority is seeing Carrie, but I'm willing to settle. Would love some advice on things to do while I'm there.

I'm staying about a mile away from the stadium and will be there all day Monday to Friday evening. Only real commitments I have are the two games. Other than that, I'm all ears. I'm on a tight budget but I'd love to get to some free/cheap concerts if any happen during the week. Also, a tour of the city/main spots to see might be helpful - thoughts?

The place I'm staying at recommended the following things:
a) Take in live country music at Honky Tonk Bars along the Broadway (Tootsie, Roberts, Etc. free admission, bands play for tips)
d) Country Music Hall of Fame $18 admission (also recommend taking Studio B tour additional $13 admission)
e) Ryman Auditorium known as mother church of country music
f) The State Capital Building and food arcade blocks from Painter's Alley
g) The Tennessee State Museum (free)
h) Check out Bi-Centennial Capital Mall State Park War Memorials
i) Experience Meat-N-3 Southern dinning (Arnolds, Copper Kettle, etc. about $7)
a) The Centennial Park (Shakeshere-in-the-Park on Wed nights)
b) The Parthenon and Botonical garden in the Centennial Park
c) Check out Open Mic performances of "want to make it in Nashville singers-N-song writers" (Bluebird, French Quarter, Douglas Corner, CoCos).

And finally, any pre-and post-game activities that I should experience.

Thanks in advance for your help! Here's to two super exciting games in Nashville!

Anywhere on broadway is good. I would definitely suggest the bluebird cafe, different atmosphere check the calendar on their website. Do you have tickets to the game yet? I have 4 lowers.....

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote