View Single Post
Old
04-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
I understand sending a message to Wilson, but wow - I am stunned that he has not sniffed the ice in 7 playoff games. Even with injuries taken into consideration, it would have been nice for Trotz to bench him prior to the end of the regular season to see if there was a positive change in Wilson's demanor and game. Instead, he has decided to take one of the few 82 gp players in the NHL and bench him for the duration of the playoffs. Is it the right decision? I am not sure. Honestly, I think Wilson can help. He can hit, has offensive talent, and once upon a time was defensively capable. I think he can play a positive role going forward for this team in the playoffs, and he has a history of playing big in big games. The question becomes: who should Trotz bench? Of all the forwards, Sullivan probably brings the least to the team each night (when you factor in the turnovers, lack of physical play, and poor board work), but even as I say that, he has had two huge goals already this playoff season. As poor as his overall play may be, results speak for themselves, and in a limited ice-time role, he has provided timely goal-scoring with leadership. Maybe Halischuk is the forward to replace, but I like his tenacity and skating on that fourth line.

Last edited by Enoch: 04-30-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote