View Single Post
Old
04-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
JJ routinely loses his man, dude gets mesmerized by the puck. You talk about players who could have used a year in Manchester and this is the guy. With Martinez developing and some of the supposed young studs coming in the pipeline it wouldn't surprise me to see him dealt. However, I think the system doesn't fit his style of play. The guy needs to be able to move on offense, use his skating and stick handling but the Kings have him standing stationary on the blue line. I wouldn't trade him, he can be worked with, he has a lot of skill and trading away young dmen with upside has never worked out well for the Kings. If you put him in a different system with more movement I think he'll take off.
This. I get the feeling that if JJ is traded, he becomes someone else's #1 offensive D-man in the Lubo mold. He's got a ton of offensive ability, and I think he still has a lot of untapped potential in both the offensive and (certainly) defensive areas.

I will say I appreciate the data, and it would explain the minuses, but I wonder what is causing these deficiencies, since it's not like he's being partnered with defensive slouches...

I guess what I'm saying is we all ask "when will he get it?", but what is it that we want him to get?

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote