Thread: re: MacT
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 02:24 PM
momentai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Does anyone think that Semenov earned a place in the top 6? This year he hasn't, at least not based on what I have read in the papers, and briefly seen. You are going to throw in a player who doesn't deserve it? What message does that send?
Do I think Semi deserves a spot in the top 6? Sure do. I mean... last season where he was arguably our 3rd best dman (and sometimes even better than Brewer on some nights...) He surely deserved his spot then. One subpar preseason does not equate to losing your job after being one of the key components of holding that defense together last year.

I believe 46 capable games in the REGULAR season proves he deserves it far more than a handful of preseason ones. I mean... honestly having a player that performed remarkably well sat down for a mediocre preseason. What kind of message does that send to the player?

If you want to punish him for having a poor camp... fine talk to him.. reduce his minutes. Don't punish the entire team by having him out of the lineup and sitting in the pressbox.