View Single Post
Old
04-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Both were never as highly touted as Murphy.

Del Zotto is a one-dimensional defenseman who has fallen out of favor with HC. If his one dimension isn't on point he's in the minors. Offensive D is the one position/need where we don't have the fortune to wait around or hope this guy gets his **** together.

Anisimov is a lanky, not highly skilled centerman who can't grind. That's a great two-way forward isn't it? One you'll be waiting years for to show up in the playoffs..

Personally, if Murphy is as good as they say he is those two are expendable to get him. If he's closer to Doughty than Sanguinetti you make that move. It's nice to have youth coming through, but they just aren't that good.

Laughable. I suppose you would have dealt Nemchinov away for a prospect as well? We're trying to build a team here. Trading proven young commodities for a 5'9" 18 year old dman is not in the cards.

So I suppose it really doesn't matter if you like our 44 point 22 year old 2 way center or not, because there is no way management ever does anything remotely resembling that deal.

And a good thing, too.