View Single Post
Old
05-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers (#864) 2011? Part 2

Some Finnish players thoughts:

-Jarkko Ruutu is getting old but the little playing time the 4th line gets anyway I'd be ok with 1 year deal in 800-875k area. PK help and the grit.

-Energy guys who have a scoring touch like Sean Bergenheim would be great 3rd liners and he is going to have a raise after this season. I'm surprised if Tampa lets him walk.

-Ville Leino, not sure is his game suited for RC's liking (remembering Christensen) but the "artist" moves Leino makes you can see also from Bobby and Perry . Has trouble of showing up
in regular season which fits Ducks well and really lifts his game in the playoffs. Probably already has a contract with Philly unsigned.

-Joni Pitkänen, maybe too expensive and wouldn't lock the own end enough. And I have a feeling he is not much of a locker room guy. Not sure but his reputation in Finland isn't good.

-Jussi Jokinen, interesting one, very mobile player that could be usefull in RC's line juggling If the price is right I'd be ok with this.

-Antti Miettinen, pass.

-Sami Salo, pass.

-Goalie rumored Iiro Tarkki (SM-Liiga). Well if he is ready to play in Syracuse, why not.

- Forward Juhamatti Aaltonen (KHL) 6.00 196lbs, plays in the World Champs top line with Mikko Koivu and Tuomo Ruutu and that dude has some serious talent...hits too and skating looks good. Maybe too much of a mood player. "Hillbilly" kinda character but have dropped that element little bit If the World Champs goes well I'm sure he would get interest from NHL though not sure what is the contract situation with his KHL team.

-Forward Leo Komarov (KHL), gritty pest with little bit of scoring touch, plays in the World Champs in team Finland and is getting interest in NHL. Warrior who works hard every shift and drives opponents crazy. Had a cut in his hand in the first game against Denmark but should be back in a bout week. Funny guy: In one World Champs reporter asked is he excited/afraid of playing against NHL guys (Team Canada).. Leo answered "No I've played against them with my playstation" He speaks 4 different languages well (Russia, Finnish, Swedish, English) --> helps in pesting

Last edited by Finnpin: 05-01-2011 at 06:32 AM.