Thread: OT: UFC Thread
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Boardish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I wasn't impressed by Machida vs Couture either much to my expectation. Mark Coleman, Liddell, Sylvia, Hughes, Ortiz were all big names at some point but I have no interest in watching them fight anymore, same is true for Couture. It seems people will say a fight was good if it's a rather uneventful one that just ends with by 10-1sec of action with a KO, TKO or Submission.

I thought it might have been me who's a bit too harsh of a critic or simply doesn't get entertained as much as I used to, but all the guys I was with, even the new bandwagon UFC fans, found the show pretty boring.
Honestly if you found UFC 129 boring you should stop watching MMA, it's not for you. The whole card was entertaining, starting from the first fight on the undercard.

Of course a guy like Machida was a favorite to win, but tell me when is the last time you saw a Kanku Dai kick in MMA? Couture is old and over the hill, but he's still one of the best 205 lbs.

Spinning backfist knockout, flying triangle choke, 3 suplexes by Rory, sick headkick knockout, 2 titles fights, Hominick heart, etc...

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote