Thread: Proposal: Jack Johnson for Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2011, 05:23 PM
SMoneyMonkey

vCash: 500
Jack Johnson for Luke Schenn

I don't know if this is a fair deal or even something we should consider. I just think it'd be an interesting thing to talk about. Obviously Toronto would have to add as Schenn is an RFA and JJ is probably better. But would you consider it?

First, Jack Johnson is big and American so, Burke would probably be all for overpaying. Added to which, he seems to love defensemen who can't play D (Komisarek, Phaneuf).

Second, we have Schenn's brother so he would probably sign for a bit of a discount to be in the same organization.

Third, with Doughty and Martinez being great on the PP when they decide to be. And with our D prospects all being more offensive than defensive (Hickey, Voynov in particular) it would be nice to get a shut down man like Schenn.

This probably won't happen, of course. I'm just curious as to whether you think doing something like this would be a good move. I'd personally hesitate because JJ was much better at the start of the season both offensively and defensively so I'd want to look into that a bit more.

Fun little side question: What would you want Toronto to add?

Anyways, discuss/flame away

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote