Thread: Proposal: David Desharnais
View Single Post
Old
05-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
I will agree that DD has solid hockey sense and a good pair of hands. But i find he rushes the play far too often and tries to make low percentage plays on the PP. Its just my opinion. If hes our 2nd line centre Next year we are in trouble. Scotty G cant have a worse season and i fully expect a solid bounce back year from him.

I just dont see us being anywhere near a finals berth if we have a guy like DD in our top 6. Yes i know Moen played in the top 6 a lot this year. But Patches will be with G&G this year. They only spot i would consider DD is on the 3rd line with Eller and Kostitsyn(or a UFA signing if AK is with Cam and Pleks), with some PP time. Even then id like to see someone a little grittier with Eller and AK on that 3rd line.

I find that hes not quite good enough to be a top 6 player and not strong enough to be a bottom 6 player.

Id compare him to a P.A. Parenteau...could put up points on a very weak team where he gets a lot of PP time and top 6 minutes. But these arent guys youre gonna go far with if youre a top 12 team.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote