View Single Post
Old
05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

vCash: 500
I really want to bash Drury for not wanting to retire, but I can't. As easy as it is for all of us to see the writing on the wall that he's done, it's obvious that he still believes there's something left in the tank.

No doubt he has probably heard the retirement talk from the pundits. I really think it's less about the money, and more wanting to go out on his own terms, and with some dignity. If he thinks that he can bounce back and play another 2 or 3 years, then that's what he wants to do, regardless of salary.

If the Rangers buy him out, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play with another team for a couple years and then retire. On the right team, Drury can be an asset. It's his cap hit right now that's horrendous. If he took on a diminished role on a contender, he could excel. Move him to wing, as he is too slow to be an effective center. He can still take defensive zone draws. Give him 3rd line winger duty, watch his minutes, and give him a little PP and PK time. For a $2M cap hit, I don't think he's that bad.

I think Drury is done with the Rangers, as he really brings nothing to the table that we don't already have. However, another team may be able to find a use for him if he is bought out.

TheGrapesOfMcIlrath is offline   Reply With Quote