View Single Post
Old
05-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The Kings also finished 3rd overall in the NHL with 27.9 shots against average during the regular season. The number of shots they allowed in the series was uncharacteristic of the team. The Kings blowing further adds to the critique that the team fell apart defensively, as they had opportunities to win games but turned out to be their own worst enemy.

I think the shot totals allowed by the Kings reveals a lot about their lack of puck possession and how much time the game was spent in LA's zone. The Kings were opportunistic of the chances they did have to score, however, they were not as strong in defending a lead or keeping the puck out of their zone for an extended period of time.
I disagree with a big part of it. Sharks are a very special team. They will heavily outshoot any team in the league, it is just the way they play. That doesn't mean that they are the best team in the league. I am willing to bet you that Sharks will have more shots in every series in the playoffs they will still play.

There was nothing very special with Kings allowing that many shots.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote