View Single Post
Old
05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
The unfortunate reality is the Sullivan is an alternate captain and team leader. It's HIGHLY unlikely that he is removed from the lineup unless he tells Trotz to take him out. That's just the reality of pro sports, the makeup of the team, and how things work. It's not fair, it's not right, and it might even handicap our team, but that's simply how it's going to be...

As for removing Geoffrion, I've actually thought that he's really been turning a corner here in this series and think that with every game that goes by he grows a little more. Against Anaheim we saw him go to the net and get tested physically, he stood in there and pushed back. Against Vancouver he's been very dangerous offensively for as little time as he's gotten, but hasn't hit the back of the net yet. I think if you keep Geoffrion in the lineup you will see results sooner, rather than later.

Halischuk is not coming out of the lineup either. As he said in an interview yesterday, he plays every game as if it's a tryout because ultimately that's what it is for him. Matt is living in Sullivan's basement. He's a quiet guy. But on the ice, Matt Halischuk brings it. He's always going all out and never takes a shift off. He does the little things and gets rewarded occasionally with a big goal. For 4th line duty, I don't think there's a better fit right now and as he's shown throughout the season, he can move up the lineup to fill a short term need and experience success as well.

Dumont and Wilson have a common theme. They don't skate well.

JP has the edge on Wilson because of experience, but also because of savvy. It's not uncommon for JP to move into position to be dangerous away from the puck and he's not a slouch defensively either.

Wilson is sitting because he's not giving it everything he can. He takes shifts off. He relies too much on skill and not enough on effort. He gets lost away from the puck and stands around and watches. JVR had similar issues in Philly too, but he sat, learned, and is now tied for the league lead in playoff goal scoring. Let's hope Colin follows in that footprint.

Cal just got a bad break and is back to the same spot he was in last season. He is a "black ace" for the playoffs and is currently battling a minor injury. He's not getting in unless we experience some major injury issues...so let's hope to see him again next season at the earliest!

I'm keeping the lineup the same for Game 3...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote