View Single Post
Old
05-02-2011, 09:58 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
^ I figured one source for all the links would be helpful.

Barbaro was fantastic, just a brilliant animal. Great odds in that Derby race. He just blitzed the field, reminded me a bit of Point Given or even Afleet Alex in their Belmont Stakes' wins. I never felt the buzz around Sweetnorthernsaint, was never a fan.

Twice the Appeal needs mention, too, on your list. Maybe Animal Kingdom and Dominguez's mount. No clear cut favorite for this Derby is true.

Dialed In, the Leparoux/Zito connection, looks appealing. Uncle Mo can't be forgotten because of one loss after four wins. Archarcharch cannot be overlooked and is gaining my interest. Santiva disappointed after the last race, I thought he was primed for the Bluegrass but maybe switching from Leparoux back to Bridgmohan will be comforting and as you said: same track. Can Borel work magic again? We'll have to wait for the posts with all this.

Check out this:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/horse...xHOzgYopSUfu4K

Quote:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The slowest bunch of horses in 20 years are set to go in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, turning America's greatest horse race into a bettor's dream or, depending on your luck, nightmare.

The fastest two horses going in are Archarcharch, the Arkansas Derby winner, and Nehro, who finished a neck behind him. Both received a humble Beyer speed figure of 98.

No Derby field in my records ever sent a herd of 20 candidates to the gate with a top figure below 100.

Compare: Big Brown went in 2008 with a 106 Beyer off his Florida Derby rout. Street Sense had a 102, Barbaro 103, Smarty Jones 107, Funny Cide 110, War Emblem 112, etc.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 05-03-2011 at 01:13 AM.