View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 02:10 AM
helicecopter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
I gotta say, I totally disagree with your post. He's not a sniper, he's got a great shot (at least he did in years past) but he's definitely not a sniper. He creates his own shots and has done so for years in Minnesota without a decent playmaker beside him. I have never seen naybody able to blow around a defenseman and then open up a goaltender, undress him, make sweet love to that goaltender's wife and then casually slide the puck in underneath him. Gabby had the confidence coming down the ice every single time that he would be able to do just that, and if he didn't, he would next time.
agree completely.

Quote:
I think its pretty certain that there is a confidence issue there, because the guy will carry the puck and skate around a defenseman, but he is doing it all at such a slower speed than in the past it lets people catch up. Then he tries to snipe and it ends up right in the goaltenders logo. I think it probably began this season and maybe even the end of last season with an injury, but even when Gabby does get one on one with a goaltender this year, he is not able to just undress him as in the past. And thats a confidence issue, because its not about injuries, its not about system, its not about who's passing yo uthe puck. He was not able to do this year, what he has in the past even though nobody cut those magic hands. It just seems like somebody came along and told Peter Pan that his hands were not in acutality magical.
not so much here. The confidence issue was only (an ensuing) part of the problem imo. The skating was never up to his standard, that's what killed the one-on-one part of his game. And obviously the shoulder has nothing to do with the skating..
The fact he is playing at the worlds doesn't necessarily mean he is 100%, Slovaks just answer the call to play at home for their national team if they can somehow.

He looked like a guy that was sleeping 3hrs per night instead of his usual 7/8.. I don't know if he was nursing a injury or just couldn't sleep or whatever, but his body was/is not 100%.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote