View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 07:29 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Even though Howson would not commit to it at this early date, all signs point to the Blue Jackets buying out the remaining two years on Commodore's contract this summer.

Thus, a plausible reason the Blue Jackets have asked Commodore to have a seat is they don't want him injured. An injured player cannot have his contract bought out.

If the Blue Jackets buy out Commodore, it will cost them roughly $1.15million for the next four seasons - that's two-thirds of the remaining money he's owed spread over two years for each remaining season on the deal. Commodore wouldn't be off the Blue Jackets' books until after the 2014-15 season.
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...d.html?sid=101

Quote:
Mike Commodore buyout from CapGeek.com
2011-12: $1,391,667
2012-13: $1,541,667
2013-14: $1,141,667
2014-15: $1,141,667
Drury was a very good player. Markus Naslund retired with another year remaining on his contract. Jason Smith was forced to retire due to injuries. Smith gave up $2.6M and he didn't make major money in his career. Gil Meche gave up $12M.

Quote:
“When I signed my contract, my main goal was to earn it,” Meche said this week by phone from Lafayette, La. “Once I started to realize I wasn’t earning my money, I felt bad. I was making a crazy amount of money for not even pitching. Honestly, I didn’t feel like I deserved it. I didn’t want to have those feelings again.”
Has Drury earned this money? He was paid $8M in 10-11. He earned that money?

Quote:
“This isn’t about being a hero — that’s not even close to what it’s about,” Meche said this week. “It’s just me getting back to a point in my life where I’m comfortable. Making that amount of money from a team that’s already given me over $40 million for my life and for my kids, it just wasn’t the right thing to do.”
Royals GM Dayton Moore

Quote:
“He felt the organization had been very good to him, and he felt he needed to, not repay, but in his mind do the right thing,” Moore said. “I’m not saying that if a player decides to do his best and fulfill his contract that’s the wrong thing. But Gil did what he felt was right for him.”
Drury should do the right thing and retire. The Rangers have paid him $30.25M in the last 4 years. The Rangers have been good to him. He looked terrible after the knee surgery. Drury skated better before the knee surgery. If he wants to hang on for the money,that's his choice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/27/sp...l/27meche.html

Why can't they all be like Gil Meche?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote