View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 12:23 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
How much the Pegula factor may change his thinking is an unknown but I suspect that Regier will still hold firm to his personal philosophies about handing out any of the monumental terms (i.e. 8+ years) other teams have, even for a true franchise player like Myers. There are so many unknowns that can happen in that length of time that have nothing to do with talent or ability. With a new CBA not that far off, his past quotes have also indicated that Regier prefers to give the organization as much flexibility as is possible.

That said, I suspect that Regier will approach the Myers extension much as how he did the ones given to Miller, Pominville and Roy.

Term: 6 years
Salary: Starting at $2.75M, increasing to $3.25M, $4M, $4.5M, $5M and ending at $5.5M when Myers is in his prime at age 27.
I'd be all for it but that's only a cap hit of 4.17 million. I think it's safe to say it's going to take more than that. If Regier approaches it like those previous contracts, he's going to pay Myers assuming that he is going to keep developing so I'd expect a steeper rise in his pay than what you have listed.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote