Tips for Defensive Positioning
View Single Post
05-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
I play D as well and here are the things i have learned over the years:
1. Never ever look at the puck. Always look at the chest of a player because if he tries to make a move you will see his chest lean a certain way.
2. Communication to to D paring on players in his blind spot coming fast. Something like "Man on, hard out or something like reverse hard".
3. Don't over-commit in the offensive zone. If you feel the need to skate with the puck YOU need to make sure that a forward is back. You can't always rely on the forwards to cover.
4. If at all possible give your goalie line of sight to the puck at all times. Don't try to be fancy ad attempt to deflect it away from the goalie.
5. Proper positioning when the puck is in your zone is crucial. Make sure one of you are in the slot and both of you are not chasing the forwards.
View Public Profile
Sony Eriksson*'s albums
Find More Posts by Sony Eriksson*