View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
While I feel Holtby may be ready what is the rush to 'rebuild' with him in net when the other 2 are so young themselves? He has another year of being waiver exempt and I would expect/want them to use that time to evaluate all 3 of them for another year, assuming Varlamov is resigned, which I expect.

Galiev isn't close to being ready for the NHL. I liked him as a pick and feel his development this year was ok/fine, though less than great, but his playoffs this year have been better. He gets his last year in juniors and at least a year in the AHL before even being considered IMO.

Kuznetsov is signed for another year in the KHL and says he plans to play at least this coming year in the KHL. IMO for those reasons he is not even a possibility until the following year at the earliest.

I think most feel Orlov would be best served by a full season in Hershey as the first call up option to get a taste of the NHL. I don't see the point in rushing him nor do I think it will help his development. I guess if he really earns a spot in camp I'd consider it but he'd really have to stand out.

Eakin may be ready but I think he would be best served by spending a full season in Hershey also as well as getting some call ups based on his play and the Caps' needs from their call ups up front. If he definitely earns a spot in camp I would make room for him though.

So no I don't see the reason or opportunity to do any kind of a rebuild. The team in general is still young and if anything I would suggest they need more veterans not more kids.