View Single Post
Old
05-03-2011, 01:47 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This thread continues to border on the absurd. I suggest everyone looks up the definition of "contract" before they spout off about how Drury needs to forfeit the final year of the deal.

And the Gil Meche example? Really? You'll probably find a lot of people that think thats the noble thing to do. You'll also probably find a lot of people like me, who think hes an idiot for forfeiting what both sides thought he was rightfully entitled to at the time of his signing.
I guess it's a matter of perspective. I didn't think Markus Naslund was an idiot for turning down the $3 mil he was still owed for the final year of his contract and he was a lot more capable of playing that year than Drury looks to be next year and at the same time there is really no question that if Chris can't do a hell of a lot more for us next year than he's done the last two his contract then seriously hampers the Rangers ability to be better. One could question if that's how it turns out just what being a good teammate means to him. At least if that were proved to be the case the money would seem more important to him than the team.

I would hope it doesn't go that far. If he doesn't retire--then he should be bought out. He's made plenty of money. I don't see why that would be such an issue.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote